Civil Air Patrol’s awarding-winning aerospace education program promotes aerospace, aviation and STEM-related careers with engaging, standards-based, hands-on curriculum and activities. It shapes the experiences and aspirations of youth both in and outside of CAP’s cadet program.
• Educates adult and cadet members and the community on the importance of aerospace.
• Develops, publishes and distributes national academic standards-based science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) aerospace education curricula for kindergarten through college classrooms, affecting 500,000 K-12 students nationwide.
• Generates interest in STEM careers through aviation-, space- and technology-focused activities and CAP “STEM Kits” associated with astronomy, flight simulations, model and remote-control aircraft, robotics, rocketry, weather, hydraulic engineering and computer programming.
• Provides educators with 40+ free educational programs and products as well as services that include teacher orientation flights.
• Offers grant and college credit opportunities for adult and teacher members.
• Provides aerospace support for educational conferences and workshops nationwide.